Weird quirks...
My dish washer broke, well it's not really broken, it just doesn't really clean the dishes any more. It's old! nuf said...I could probably "fix" it and go on thinking my dishes are getting clean, but we will see if put in the I effort to do that.I know what some of you are thinking "boo hooo your dish washer is broken, at least you had one etc." Well I don't want your sympathy nor do I need it :)
But yes, for me it's a tough transition from doing dishes for a family of four with a dish washer, to doing them with out one. It's not all that bad, but I do dishes a lot more often, that is the only down side really. At least I feel like my dishes are actually getting clean.
So here is where I am weird...
When I do dishes the "old fashioned" way I organize them before I do them. Is that weird?
I first organize them in piles by the sink while I fill it with soapy water. I pile up the bowls together, the plates, the cups, and so on. Then behind them are "big dishes" these being pots and pans etc. I do this no matter how many dishes I have to do.
I first put in the water the the cups, all cups. Glass cups, plastic ones, sippys etc. And I wash these all first before anything else goes in the nice clean looking water.
I think I do this because if I did these last it would gross me out. By the time I am done with all the dishes including the big dishes the water looks nasty and I would never wash a cup that I would drink out of in that nasty looking water.
Any way going on....
Second I wash bowls plates and silver ware. Pretty much in that order.
Last but not least, I wash the big dishes.
I will not do dishes any other way. Why? I'm not sure. I'm just strange this way I guess.
Here's another one for ya...
When I go grocery shopping and I am checking out I load up the "belt" in categories so as to help the bagger and so that they hopefully bag them right making it easier for me to unload when I get home. It annoys me when they don't bag them right, how hard is it when I load it on the belt the right way? Any way...
These are my categories:
I keep together
1. meats: all my raw or uncooked meats (not canned ones or sandwich meat)
2. cold items: yogurts, cheese, sour cream, sandwich meats etc. you get it.
3. produce: all fresh produce stays together
4. freezer items: ice cream, mixed veggies etc.
5. canned items: I think that explains it all
6. boxed items: I usually don't care if canned or boxed items go together
7. my fragile items : usually this is just eggs and bread, I don't want either of these items crushed and I like it when they put the bread on top of my eggs in the same bag. Weird I know.
I have similar ways of doing laundry too.
Why am I this way about some things but not about others? That is what I want to know.
I have other weird things I do before getting into bed, which I know drives my hubby crazy, but we'll save that for another day.
Does any one else do these weird things or is it just me?
11 comments:
How funny, I do the same thing with dishes, and groceries. So NO I don't think it's wierd!!
I also do the same with the groceries. Especially in the summer. I want all the cold stuff to stay with the other cold stuff.
You're not THAT weird! I do the same thing to a certain extent with dishes and I definitely do the same thing with groceries.
So if the grocery thing is not weird, why then almost every time I go, do the checkers and baggers think I am weird?
I actually did have one Walmart checker thank me for organizing them so nice. I thought that was nice of her for not only noticing but appreciating it too.
Good to know I am not the only one out there.
I organize groceries on the belt and so does Tyler. He was a bag boy in high school and he really appreciated it when people organized them for him! I've never gone without a dishwasher so I don't know about the dishes thing...
I think the dishes organizing thing is hereditary cuz your father does it just like you. Me on the other hand just makes sure the gross, greasy ones get washed last. Can't you get the dishwasher fixed by the landlord? Well, maybe in a few months time. Your dad also organizes the groceries in the cart, unlike me. Viva la differences. Wouldn't the world be boring if we were all the same?
I do the same thing. I don't think it's weird. I think that people that don't do it, they are weird. HA!
You're so funny! I'm so glad we are friends, you make me laugh!
You've already witnessed the shared weirdness.
It must be a hereditary thing. (Like not eating the last corner of toast--or is that Allie?) I totally organize the dishes before washing them. I only have to wash dishes for one person without a dishwasher. I can't imagine for four. And groceries on the belt--gotta be organized. I thought I was the only one.
I do the same on both of these things. It is the only way to do dishes and shopping! :) So really everyone ELSE is wierd. Not us. Oh, and I am grieving for you and your dishwasher. Mine was broken for about a year and then we had a repairman come and estimate the cost to fix it and it would have cost the same to buy a new dishwasher. So Tyson bought be a new one last January. I am thankful everyday for it! In the mean time... I used my dishwasher as my dish drainer. It worked great and I didn't have dishes all over my counter. :) good luck!
Post a Comment