Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Just one of those Sundays

Sundays seem to be less crazy around here, well at least in the mornings since we now have church at the 'late time'. I actually don't mind it, except for the fact that my J boy misses his nap, but he survives and we usually make it to Church on time.

Well this last Sunday seemed to be no different, well at least in the morning. We lazed around slowly getting ready through out the whole morning. I usually take charge of half of the 'kid duty' while C takes the other half. This time C packed the diaper bag (so I'm blaming this whole thing on him ;)

In the beginning of Sunday school J is brought to me by his nursery teachers because he is stinky so I go and change him and as I do this I notice there is only one diaper in there, which I thought "no big deal, he usually poops just once during church and church is almost over."

Apparently I didn't "knock on wood" after thinking that and during the last hour of church they once again brought J to me because he was yet again stinky. "Oh no!" I thought "no diaper, what to do?!" I usually would have left it in there but it was the runny poo (sorry for the details) and that stuff really burns his butt so I knew I couldn't do that.

I'm looking around the room at all the mothers that I know who have kiddos in diapers, as I scan I think "oh, her kid is too little her diapers wouldn't fit my boy." or "I know her boy is about the same size as J, I could ask her to borrow one." and the thoughts went as such as I scanned the room.

During the short break in Relief Society, where they finish the announcements and the practice hymn and the teacher is collecting her stuff going up to the front, I decided now was my chance to find a diaper.

Across the room I whisper/yell to a couple of girls I know that might have the same size diaper as J "Do you have a diaper?!" Making my lips move 'big' I try hard to show the words I was saying so as not to say it too loud and interrupt class. Well one girl heard and understood and whispered "No, sorry I'm out too." and the other thought I said "do you have a stapler?" When I finally got the word out as to what I needed I felt I had interrupted class, though I'm sure no one else really noticed but the few girls involved, nevertheless I felt a little silly and embarrassed.

I'm in the bathroom when a friend comes in and she also had to borrow a diaper from some one as she only packed one and her boy decided to do what my boy did and poo twice. She felt bad because she took this girls last diaper, but thought since it was the end of church it would not be a big deal.

Back in Relief Society I sit next to the girl that handed out her last diaper to my friend and she turns to some one sitting next to me and says "do you have a diaper, I just gave my last one away" At this point I want to burst in to laughter! This was beginning to look like a cruel joke.

I guess it was just one of those Sundays! Lucky for every one there were plenty of diapers to go around the relief society.

I'm contemplating bringing a bag of diapers and leaving them in the RS room, they may turn out to be a life saver and for more than just me apparently.

1 comments:

Lisa and Randy said...

Be very thankful to be in the ward that you are surrounded by so many people that are your age and have kids the same ages as your kids. In the ward that we are in now there are only a few kids Reagan's age and only one other one comes to RS each week!!