Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feeling better for now

Thanks every one for your comforting words.

I mostly posted all this that has happened to me so I wouldn't have to tell the whole story a million and one times but I think I still will have to any way, oh well :) I also posted it to just vent and let it all out. I find blogging very therapeutic, does any one else or is it just me?

I just wanted to tell you all I am doing much better these last two days. Yesterday I went and got a relaxation massage, an early Valentines Day gift, and it was just what I needed! It was so nice and helped me relax, stop stressing and to reflect. I feel like new person!

I still will wait until Monday to go to the Doctor and to know exactly where this is all going but I'm feeling better about the out come. Hopefully I will be on the mend after Mondays appointment, we shall see.

I want to tell you all who have done so much for me, THANK YOU! I can't thank those friends enough that have gone out of their way to help me and my family.

I have an amazing ward family and neighborhood filled with wonderful people. For those of you who do not live near by let me tell you how great they are....
I have had 8 meals brought to me and my family (I am keeping count so I know how many cookies I have to make :), several goodies as well (we have plenty of left overs to last us several more days) I have had people call to check on me daily and people show up to take my kids away so I could nap and sleep off the pain meds, I have even had a good friend come and help clean my house (which is so hard to let some one do for me)!

It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about how blessed I am to have such amazing friends and neighbors. I know I am not left alone, that Heavenly Father blesses me with amazing people in my life. I have a wonderful husband who has not only been keeping up with school but taking over "mommy duty" for the last few days. He has played Doctor reminding me to take my meds and kept track of the kids and feeding them, bathing them, dressing them, doing dishes, laundry the list goes on. I LOVE HIM!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you!

One friends said to me "Do you think that maybe Heavenly Father is letting you go through this trial to teach you to learn how to accept service from others?"
This was during our discussion on how I hate to have to ask people for help. How I feel like I need to be wonder woman/super mom and just suck it up! How when I can't go on, I feel like I have failed. It's hard to just say, "Yes I need help, I can't do it." But why?

It's funny because I kneel in prayer and ask my Father in Heaven to help me endure this and to bless me during this trail and when he does via my friends family and neighbors I have a hard time accepting it. DUH this is how he is blessing me!

Then after my friend posed that question I stopped and thought "she could be on to some thing" :) I need to just accept the help and be grateful for it. After she left another meal showed up at my door. I love my ward family!

Any way...thanks again!

2 comments:

Jake & Suzi said...

yeah, it is hard to accept service from others. I still am reluctant after all these years of bad health. Good luck with your results on monday!

Bonnie said...

I, too, want to say Thank you to all your great friends that are helping you through these times. I wish I could be there to help but I am comforted that others are taking my place. I think that is how it works, we help out those in our ward families and the blessing to our own families will come when needed. Bless you all for your service to my "little girl".