Yesterday morning I was all ready to get in the shower, I pulled the curtain back and stepped in testing the waters temperature with my hands before turning around and wetting my head.
Lucky for me, I looked up before stepping into the water and what did I see directly over the shower head coming down from the ceiling? YEP, I big spider! It was literally about two inches from my face!
I screamed of course and jumped out grabbed my robe and ran down stairs, just a reflex I guess.
I was upset my hubby wasn't home, he is the one I run to when I'm freaked out by spiders and he is my super hero who kills them for me. I actually don't have to run to him, when he hears that scream he knows what it means and he usually comes to the rescue with tissue in hand ready to kill.
"Great" I thought, this would mean that if I wanted a shower today I'd have to kill it myself.
It was not a huge spider but any spider that is not those tiny ones you can hardly see, is big for me.
If you could not tell yet, I hate spiders. The only time I kill them is if they are those tiny ones or if I have to because my hubby is not around. I don't know if I have arachnophobia to the extreme but I am sure I have some sort of fear of spiders.
Going on with my story...
I really wanted a shower, so I had to think of how I was going to kill it. I am not one who can just grab tissue and squish the spiders, yuck, no thanks! I looked in my kitchen and saw my swiffer sitting there, perfect! I grabbed it ran up stairs and smashed the spider onto the ceiling.
Ahhh now I could have a peaceful shower!
NOPE, not even close to peaceful.
I kept looking up making sure there were no more spiders ready to drop on my head.
I kept looking at the dead one hoping it was really dead and not faking it (even though it looked totally squished, you never know with spiders, don't trust them!)
I couldn't stop looking at the drain hoping no more were ready to come out and crawl on my feet.
I kept hoping that the spider's dead carcass wouldn't get wet and peal off and fall on my head.
I wanted to say to myself, "Seriously, stop thinking about this, get over it, it was just one spider." but I couldn't, I think I have a problem.
Needless to say it was not a peaceful shower in the least!
It was quick and I think I forgot some things in my shower routine because I was starting to freak myself out.
Any way what makes me mad is I think spiders know I don't like them, kind of like horses can tell if you are afraid of them and then they buck you off, well I think spiders can feel I hate them and so they come around me more often.
I think they show up when C is not around on purpose and not only do they show up when he is not home they do it in the meanest places like my bedroom, the kids' room and THE SHOWER, which is the meanest place of all! I was totally exposed, rude!
I'm writing this now because I am ready to get in the shower this morning but I am a little hesitant. I just want to enjoy a good shower, we'll see how long it takes me to stop freaking myself out in the shower thinking there will be spiders joining me there.
(sigh) Here I go, wish me luck.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Arachnaphobia...maybe?
Posted by Kris at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
eww!!! I can totally understand your apprehension!
Hope you ended up getting a good shower...think happy thoughts! :)
I totally sympathize. when I was a teenager I stepped on a spider, unknowingly, in the shower and it got stuck between my toes (like lint). So I thought I had sock lint in my toes and went to remove it. Yeah I flicked out this black spider and it was still alive. I still think about it from time to time when I shower.
Spider freaker-outer here too. HATE them. Gah!
Sorry, no arachnophobia here. They won't kill you! Well most of them. And they are so small...compared to like a mouse in your hair...
You are halarious!! Although I completely understand, I am the same way about any thing that is small and moves and shouldn't be in your home!! By the way the new camera I got was the Nikon D40, I really like it!
Oh, ever since that movie I have been terrified that would happen to me! I have to laugh though because as I was reading, I was thinking, oh, I have to tell her how I kill my spiders... with a swiffer! I hook a tissue on and go kill it. I hate spiders too and demand that Tyson's sprays our house at least twice a year. the second I see a spider, he has to spray.
True most spiders won't kill you, but they are just creepy. Their little, spindly legs and huge, bulbous bodies--it's just not natural!
I was visiting my sister in Utah in Feb. We ordered a pizza and were watching a movie on the couch when a big, tan spider caugh my eye....next tomy face! We both screamed, threw our pizza plates and took off running!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment