Monday, May 05, 2008

Late nights with bad dreams!
E has been waking up at night for the last week or so with bad dreams, it makes for not so fun nights for her and mom, and daddy too. The other night she was up twice for a long time, she just was too scared to fall back asleep on her own. She finally did fall asleep but slept in until 10am the next morning, she had a rough night! I asked her what her dream was about and why it was so scary and this is what she said:

E: I dreamed I had two dolls, a boy doll and a girl doll and they were both alive.

Okay so that right there would scare me!

E continued: And the boy doll turned his head slowly to look at me and then said "Hello E" (note: she really said the doll said "hello E," the letter E not her real name, which thought was a little funny, we never really call her E in real life we usually say her whole name.)
SCARY!! What a scary dream no wonder she was up half the night. I pictured in my head the Chucky doll, and that doll freaks me out. It was kind of funny, only because as she was telling me the dream she was slowly turning her head like the doll must have done with her eyes wide and then when she told me what the boy doll said she said it all slow and in an ominous voice as if that is how the doll said it. She creeped me out!
Poor girl, so now each night we say a prayer that she will have good dreams and be able to sleep through the night. It was so sweet, last night as I'm tucking her in bed and after we said a little prayer I asked her what she thought was something happy for her to think about right before bed so that she would have good dreams and she quickly replied "Jesus!" she's right that is a happy thing to think about! And she didn't wake up in the night with bad dreams, I think it worked.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Scary! I used to have bad dreams about Chucky when I was younger and I never even saw the movie. They were really freaky and I still remember them to this day. Poor E!

Katie L said...

Poor E! Last summer Calvin must have woken up weekly with night mares and night terrors. We were so worried about him, but luckily they stopped and he hasn't had one since. I think your night prayer for her will really make her feel better.

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh man! That is freaky! I hope she can have sweet dreams from now on! It's tough to lose sleep, especially for those little ones! :)

lynsey said...

wow, she sounds like me! only i'm 27...so mine is a little sad. poor girl though, i've been haunted with scary dreams since i was little & it's the WORST.

Toby and Tammy said...

So scary! I HATE Chucky Dolls and that would make me stay up half the night if I had E's dream. Glad she's doing okay now. Ewwww

Denisse said...

Oh my heck! That is sooo funny!!!! I'm sure she was so scared poor little girl! I would have been freaking out too!!!!!!! Glad she has a nice mommy to comfort her!!!:)