Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birthday party fun!

E wanted a Hello Kitty party this year. At first I thought that would be easy, but then after going around to several stores I found that not many of them have Hello Kitty party stuff. So I made due with printing stuff off the internet and finding anything pink for the party and I think it turned out great!

My Friend made this cake for me....She is awesome, it turned out SO CUTE! I loved it and so did E. Marty you're the greatest! Thank you a million times over.

I am not one to go all out when it comes to my kids' Birthday parties. I don't love throwing parties but I do want to do it for my kids. So I just grin and bare it and they usually turn out ok, nothing fantastic but the kids don't know any different anyway.
Well this party was no different and ya know what, the kids had a great time! Simple is always better I say!

When the guests got there they all got to pick out their own set of Hello Kitty ears to wear through out the party, that alone could have occupied them all day.
Next we played pin the bow on Hello Kitty. I just had C draw Hello Kitty on our chalk wall last night (which he did an awesome job at drawing her, it looked really good) and then I made bows with their names on them out of construction paper. Easy! And they all love it.
I didn't know what other games to play and usually all the kids want is cake, ice cream, and watch the birthday girl open presents. So I decided to print off Hello Kitty coloring pages and have them sit down and color their pictures. I thought about judging them and giving the winner a prize but didn't want to hurt any ones feelings. They all had fun coloring, like I said before simple is always better.After the two activities they were ready for cake and ice cream.....

(E not sure of what to make of Marty's rendition of Happy Birthday)
E being a goofball trying to make her friends laugh, she's such a "class clown" always wants to be the one making people laugh.
Then of course, the birthday girl could not wait to open presents. I love how the kids can't sit still while watching her open them, they all have to be right there up in her face. It was too funny to watch.

(this picture cracks me up. Click on it to make it bigger and look at E's face. Ha ha! It makes me laugh. She could not wait any longer.)
Yay for a birthday party success! I forgot to take a picture of their cute goody bags. I made them myself on they turned out cute. Any way they all had a blast and my sweet E came up after the party and said "thank you mommy!" Just the reaction I was hoping for! Sweet success!

And good night! I'm tired!

5 comments:

Klingler said...

It was such a fun party! Thanks for letting me be a part of it all. I really had a lot of fun getting to know your future class clown!! Heheh, you got your hands full with that little gal.

Unknown said...

Did someone get their new camera? The pics are great! I loooove the last one! ha ha ha! Looks like you guys had a fun time. Nice work!

Kara said...

What a cute theme! What a cute cake. Cute... that is all I can say.

Wendy said...

Looks like you all had tons of fun. I can't believe she's 5. She's so big.

Katie The Lady said...

I loved reading about this, I just can't believe it took me this long tocomment! Hello Kitty is the coolest theme for a girl's party, ever! I love Hello Kitty and I'm almost 30!!!

Can you even believe our oldest kidsare already 5?! CRAZY! We can't be old enough to have 5 year olds-hahaha! When I read about E's b-day, all I could think of was our summer of walking around Smith park every morning. And those pictures of Calvin and E when they were tiny!