Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day Light Savings, no more!

I have decided I don't like Daylight Savings!

This year, for some reason, it has effected (or is it affected? I never remember which one to use when) us here in the Harker home more than any other year.

Why do we even need Day Light Savings? Ok so I looked it up, and really we don't need it.
It seems like their are pros and cons on either way we go here, so wouldn't it just be easier to not worry about having it?

Well who ever decided to keep it around apparently doesn't have children. It has totally messed up bed times/nap times around here and I feel like us losing an hour has got me and C all mixed up too!

I love it when my kids are in bed by or before 8pm. Well since Daylight Savings the kids' bed time is no earlier than 9pm and it's driving me crazy.

Well just in case any one cared, I vote NO for Daylight Savings.

5 comments:

Clinton and Jessica said...

I agree....we weren't hit too hard this year...and for the first few days Calvin has slept in!!! but I know it won't last long...but I agree. NO MORE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!

Adri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lynsey said...

i think the funniest thing about it is that half of IN doesn't even change! here in AZ we don't change either. isn't it crazy that certain places just decide they don't want to do it? sorry the schedules are messed up. i remember one year in rexburg ben & i showed up to church an hour early...at 7am! we weren't the only ones though, there were 2 other couple there & we ended up taking naps in the pews until people showed up at 8. lol.

Wendy said...

I vote YES on Daylight Saving. Way up here in the Northwest it's nice to get home at 5 pm and it's not pitch dark anymore. I LOVE the daylight!!

Breanna said...

ya, besides the whole hour losing bit, I do love the summer when it stays lighter so much later. I am sure I wouldn't love it as much if I lived back east though.