Saturday, March 21, 2009

The last week or so in a nutshell

What a crazy week it has been!

This week was C's spring break but he has been studying his brains out this whole time so he can take boards early (rather than wait until summer) giving us the opportunity to take a fun Family summer vacation.

It has been so nice outside this whole week and I know how hard it must be for him to sit inside an empty school by himself and study, and study and study some more. I'm so proud of him and I know he will be blessed for his efforts and do great on his boards, which he takes Monday. Please pray for him, and me to make it through this next week! It's going to be rough! He's got boards Monday, a couple of quizzes, some lab stuff due and his big Monthly test on Friday. Poor guy is going to be so burnt out after this crazy week. He works so hard and I'm so proud of him!


The kids fought off croup from the last week only to seem to get worse with something else this week. So off to the Doctor I went yesterday morning. I found out why J has been trowing major tantrums the last few days, apparently he has a massive ear infection in his right ear and has been put on Antibiotics for it. That explains a lot with that kid, not eating as good, not sleeping, whinny-ness, crying over everything the list goes on! Now I know why, poor kid. E has had a nagging cough for almost three weeks now and I knew some thing wasn't right. She wasn't sleeping well at night and just looked so sick. Well she has a respiratory infection and is also on Antibiotics.

One dose of these Meds and the kids slept the whole night through last night, something that hasn't been done in this house for weeks! Thank heavens for wonderful modern medicine!

I have felt some what like a single Mom the last couple weeks as my hubby is studying hard staying later than usual at school studying and the kids have seemed to notice it too. J wouldn't let Daddy leave the house the other morning. He kept hanging on his legs, calling his name, and saying "watch this Daddy" usually doing nothing but hoping to get him to stay home. We miss our Daddy around here that is for sure but we're glad he's getting this big test over with. It's just taking a toll on the kids, which in-turn takes a toll on me but I'm hanging in there.

Today we tilled our Relief Society garden. Oh yeah, did I tell you about that? I am in charge of planning and organizing a Relief Society garden for our Ward. It's been really fun, I love it! But it is kind of stressful. We did one last year and it was last minute and turned out to be good, but we learned some things and I was hoping to do it bigger and better this year and so of course they put me in charge. But I was happy to do it. So I have been stressing about when to till, how we were going to till it, when to plant, what to plant, how to plant it etc. etc. but it is all coming together nicely. Today was a perfect day to till our garden and we had a great turn out too. After it went so smoothly today it was like a heavy burden lifted off my shoulders, it felt good to know this one thing went right. Lets hope the rest goes well too and we have a great garden this year.

We got the garden done in just three hours just in time for me to rush home to do E's birthday party. Yes she had a party today too, on top of our fun garden day. I had a busy day to day to say the least.

The party turned out great. The kids had a blast but I am exhausted! I couldn't have done it with out my awesome friend who took C's place and helped me out through the whole party. She also did the cake for me which turned out AMAZING...pictures to come I promise.

I feel like I have been running around all day, only sitting when I was driving. I'm ready for this next week to end so we can all have some down time, we all deserve it.

So here ya have it my week in a nut shell......

Studying husband, single Mom, two sick kids, stress for all of us= one happy? Family
one more week of this, think we can survive? I hope so.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I pretty much knew most of that. The garden I didn't though. Sounds fun? JK! I kinda wish I could plant a little mini garden, just for kicks!