Monday, March 09, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

So with such good weather on Saturday I decided we needed to get out and do something as a family. I went to my wallet and checked our Zoo pass to see when it expired. Well I'm glad I checked because it expires on the 12th of this month! So that was that, we were going to the zoo one last time (don't know if I'll renew it, the fees went up this year!).


Last year I bought the pass called "Family plus 2" so that when I had family come into town I could take them on our pass. It was so worth it! But this year I'm not sure how much we'll go.
We promised some friends of ours we'd take them to the zoo on our pass some time, since they have been here as long as us and have yet to go (no kiddos for them to take, so they didn't bother getting a pass). Well we kept forgetting to give them a call to go with us and so we finally called them up to go with us on Saturday and I think Scott (our friend) was more excited to go than my kids :)
I'm so glad we went, and with friends is always more fun! The kids always seem to have more fun when other people are with us besides boring old Mom and Dad, why is that?

We saw every thing there was to see at the zoo, and we had to pull Scott away from each place after the kids had listened and came after calling them just once or twice. I'm teasing, but some times he was the last one to come. He had lots of fun, to say the least, and I'm glad we could take them with us on our last day at the zoo.

This is my favorite picture of the day...
J boy picking his nose after I told him to smile for the camera.

These are a type of small shark and you can touch them, they obviously don't bite! Though they do have lots of sharp teeth, I've seen them.
E and J are usually too scared to touch them, but they both decided to touch them this time and it was fun to watch them giggle after.
These Walruses were so HUGE and they were so playful, we stayed there quite a while just playing with them. They kept coming right up to the glass and just smashing their face or body up against it. It was fun to watch the kids and Scott enjoy it so much.

What a fun time we had! It seemed like all the animals were in a really playful mood probably because they were enjoying the weather as much as we were. It was a perfect Saturday which poor C had to end his day with studying, such is life!

3 comments:

Breanna said...

You have an amazing zoo! Very cool to have so many aquatic animals. We went to the hogle zoo when we were in SLC a couple weeks ago, nothing near as cool.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking us to the zoo while we were there! That pass sure was worth it ;)

Katie The Lady said...

Great pictures of the day at the zoo! I bet it is nice to have a "big" zoo in your area...or nice weather that allows you to go to the zoo-hahaha!