My cute boy came to me Thursday morning after having a bath and running around naked for the last 10 minutes, and said "mommy I a big boy! I go potty on the potty chair?!" Then he grabbed himself in a panicky way. I raced him into the potty and sat him down and he went pee pee right away!
I thought that it was great that he did that but thought that it was just a fluke thing so I said "let's put a diaper on you now ok?" he then refused me "No, I a big boy, I wear underwear, I go potty now ok."
I asked him if he really wanted to learn to use the potty today and he said yes he did. OK, so we're potty training today, I thought. Nice.
Lucky for me I had bought two packages of big boy underwear already and had some bribery on hand (chocolate, that kid will do anything for it) and had plenty of juice to help get him watered up and ready to "practice" going potty on the potty chair.
I was a little nervous to tell you the truth, this was so sudden I hadn't prepared myself mentally for it. But he was insistent and I wasn't going to say "no" if he really wanted to do this.
He pee peed 4 times in the potty before his first accident and pooped once in his underwear before his first one in the potty. Not too bad, I thought.
Here are his stats for that day:
More than a dozen times he peed on the potty that day (I fed him lots of juice :)
Only three pee pee accidents
Two poo poo accidents (those are the worst!)
And one and a half times he pooed on the potty. (yes a half time he pooed, he farted and some poo came out, but not a whole lot and I don't think he meant for it to so it just counts as half a time)
He did really good and I was so proud of him!
Well Thursday was the night he woke up and could not breath and we went to the ER. We found out he had croup and then next day we were all so tired, I was not going to continue with they potty training. Bad timing, Bud!
He was fine with giving it a rest for that day, I think because he was so tired and still very sick.
Saturday and Sunday he didn't seem to mind that he was no longer a "big boy" and I didn't want to worry about it either. So Thursday was just good practice, I guess, for the day we do decide to do it and stick with it.
Well today he once again wanted to go potty and be a big boy. I think I am just not ready for him to do this yet. So I felt bad, but I refused for him to give it a try until next week. We will see if he even still wants to do it by then.
He was so cute running around in his big boy underwear all day I had to snap some pictures.
I thought that it was great that he did that but thought that it was just a fluke thing so I said "let's put a diaper on you now ok?" he then refused me "No, I a big boy, I wear underwear, I go potty now ok."
I asked him if he really wanted to learn to use the potty today and he said yes he did. OK, so we're potty training today, I thought. Nice.
Lucky for me I had bought two packages of big boy underwear already and had some bribery on hand (chocolate, that kid will do anything for it) and had plenty of juice to help get him watered up and ready to "practice" going potty on the potty chair.
I was a little nervous to tell you the truth, this was so sudden I hadn't prepared myself mentally for it. But he was insistent and I wasn't going to say "no" if he really wanted to do this.
He pee peed 4 times in the potty before his first accident and pooped once in his underwear before his first one in the potty. Not too bad, I thought.
Here are his stats for that day:
More than a dozen times he peed on the potty that day (I fed him lots of juice :)
Only three pee pee accidents
Two poo poo accidents (those are the worst!)
And one and a half times he pooed on the potty. (yes a half time he pooed, he farted and some poo came out, but not a whole lot and I don't think he meant for it to so it just counts as half a time)
He did really good and I was so proud of him!
Well Thursday was the night he woke up and could not breath and we went to the ER. We found out he had croup and then next day we were all so tired, I was not going to continue with they potty training. Bad timing, Bud!
He was fine with giving it a rest for that day, I think because he was so tired and still very sick.
Saturday and Sunday he didn't seem to mind that he was no longer a "big boy" and I didn't want to worry about it either. So Thursday was just good practice, I guess, for the day we do decide to do it and stick with it.
Well today he once again wanted to go potty and be a big boy. I think I am just not ready for him to do this yet. So I felt bad, but I refused for him to give it a try until next week. We will see if he even still wants to do it by then.
He was so cute running around in his big boy underwear all day I had to snap some pictures.
Saying "I'm a big booooyyy!"
Why is it that the kids will spend HOURS playing with the cheapest toys, like sock puppets, and the ones I pay lots of money for they play with very little? Why spend money on toys at all?
They were so cute talking in high pitched voices and moving their hands around as if that voice was the puppets voice. It mad me laugh many times. They are so imaginative and it's fun to watch them use it.
Any way I'll let you know if we even decide to potty train next week and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!
Any way I'll let you know if we even decide to potty train next week and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!
1 comments:
Loooove the pics. He was so happy! Get that boy back in his big boy underwear! JK take your time :) I love that you told us all exactly how many times he pooped and accidentally pooped!
Post a Comment