Thursday, March 26, 2009

No clever title here....

I haven't really been in the mood to blog. I'm sure we've done stuff lately, probably nothing terribly exciting because I am now a single Mom and so that makes life more crazy but left with nothing to blog about, or maybe there is too much to blog about and I just don't know where to stat. (Sigh) I can't wait to have my hubby back!

I will update you on C and his boards. He took them Monday and what a relief! He's done for now. I asked him how they went and this is what he said "I would be really mad and surprised if I did not pass so I'm remaining optimistic, for now." I guess that is a good response?! I know he did fine! All he has to do is pass, keep your fingers crossed. He worked hard, I know he did great and will be blessed for his hard work but we have to wait four weeks before we find out his results. I hate waiting.

When Daddy got home Monday afternoon from taking boards we decided to take some family time and go to a park. We love this park, too bad it is no where near our house or we would go there often. It has a really fun play ground and on top of that it has a wooded area with walking/bike trails that are actually really fun. They have easy bike trails (ones I can do) and they have harder more challenging ones for Daddy who loves a good challenge when it comes to mountain biking.

So we packed up our bikes and bike-trailer and headed out there to enjoy a family bike ride. Then me and the kids played on the park while Daddy got his "biking fix" all by himself. He deserves a little "C time" after studying so hard. It was fun to spend time with Daddy, the kids loved it! They sure do miss him when he is not around as much. I guess we've been pretty lucky so far during his schooling here that he was able to be home lots. So these last few weeks are new to all of us, not having Daddy around as much and it's been tough but we are surviving.

This is the new thing to have at play grounds, these web climbing things. J calls them "Spider man webs" The kids love them! They spent the majority of their time playing on this one.
E is really good at climbing up them and heads straight for the top and sits there and enjoys the view.
J boy on the other hand has a hard time with them, he's just not tall enough for some parts. But with a little help from Daddy....
He got better and braver and got higher up. He was loving it!
After the park we were all hungry and decided to go to Red Robbin to finish our celebration of Daddy taking boards. The best part of the day was when I told the server E had just celebrated a birthday last week (I was hoping for a free meal but didn't have a coupon for it) so instead, she came out with a free sundae for her. I had no idea they were going to sing (otherwise I would have said nothing, I hate it when they sing at restaurants to people with birthdays) I would have been more embarrassed but I was too busy laughing at E's reaction and the face she was making while they were clapping and singing a birthday song she did not know. Her reaction was so hilarious. She looked totally ticked off! But she sure did enjoy her free sundae. Oh I wish I would have taken a picture of her face she was making, classic!

It was a good day!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewww what a fun park! The pics are great. E enjoying the view and J needing a little help. Love it. It was 15 degrees when I went to work this morning. Oh how I wish for your weather.