Yesterday was my birthday and as my friend put it, I celebrated my 8th anniversary of my 20th birthday, she's so clever ;) Tuesday is E's birthday and I have yet to plan anything for it, I'm working on it. And the day after that is my Sister's birthday which reminds me I need to get that card in the mail. So March is busy with lots of Birthday's. I think we will be officially celebrating E's next Saturday if all goes well and no one else gets sick.
It was a good day besides the fact that I was sleep deprived from the past few nights of sick kids waking me up because they can't stop coughing, my poor kiddos! I was also little upset at first because I thought we were not going to be able to go out for my birthday (that is all I really wanted for my birthday, was a date with my hubby) since we had sick kids and didn't want to send them over to some ones house just to get their kids sick. In February I was the one down and out and we did not get our date for V-Day and January was so busy we didn't take time for us either, it has been since before December that my hubby and I had an official date together, hence my reasoning for wanting this so badly for my birthday and getting upset when I thought it wasn't going to happen. But in the end it all worked out, thanks to some great friends!
We aren't huge Birthday people around here but my sweet hubby sure made me feel loved.
I got to go shopping all day by myself while he stayed home with the sick kids. I must say it was so nice to take my time and shop at my own pace.
Funny thing is, after hours of shopping I did not buy one thing for myself. That is just me for ya, when I go out shopping first on my mind is "What do the kids need?" next is "What does the house need?" after that then I think of my hubby and anyone else I need to buy for.
So I bought some clothes for the kids, E's b-day gifts, groceries and house stuff, a little something for my hubby and stuff for school, I think I'm going to do 'pre-school' at home with J this year. After spending all that money I didn't feel like shelling out any more for something for me, but I came away feeling happy and less stressed.
When I got home we fed the kids early dinner, put them to bed early and had a friend listen for them while they slept and C and I went out to a late dinner. It was so yummy and really nice to just sit with my husband and talk, no interruptions, no whinny kids, no force feeding any one, and best of all no clean up! It was just what I wanted for my birthday.
My hubby bought me a jewelry box and a nice necklace for my birthday, I'm not a big jewelry wearer but have been slowly adding to my small collection and needed some thing to put all of it in. He also got me some yoga pants I wanted and almost bought for myself but didn't. What a thoughtful man he is!
It was such a good birthday, low key but just how I liked it. Thanks for all the Birthday wishes from friends and family!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Birthday's Birthday's
Posted by Kris at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!! I'm glad that you got out and got some detox time to you and C. Hope you get a few more of those dates!!
Wow, Cory can learn to pamper you on your B-day! And you thought he didn't know how :) Glad you had a great B-day!
Post a Comment