Monday, May 19, 2008

Almost there...
I'm getting so excited for C's first year of Dental School to be done with. Phew, it was definitely not as hard as I thought it would be, but then again I wasn't the one taking the tests :) I just can't believe it's already one year down, just three more to go! It seemed like it took for ever just for him to get in to Dental School, and then waiting for the first year to get here so we could get going on him being in school again and having a schedule down seemed to take another eternity, and now him being in school seemed to just fly by, where did first year go? I guess I'm just getting excited to have him around for a month before 2nd year starts up. It'll be so nice to have him around helping out with the stuff I can't do, ya know the "man of the house" stuff. I'm getting my "honey do" list ready :) Cory just heard that expression the other day, the "honey do list" and he thought it was funny. I never give him a list, usually it's a list for both of us. Any way I can't wait to have a month to do whatever we want together. The kids are starting to get anxious to have Daddy home more. My favorite part of my day is when C walks through the door and J shouts "Da da!" he's just so excited to have Da Da come home.

Speaking of the kids loving their father I wanted to post this short cute story:

For C's birthday we went to the school for the first time as a family and had a picnic lunch and it was fun. Well E got to see Daddy's mail box. All the students have a mail box much like a P.O. Box to receive, well, mail mostly from their professors and other students and things like that. E thought that was the coolest thing and wanted to leave him a letter in it. She had reminded me several times that she needed to make a letter to put in to Daddy's mail box at school. So finally on Friday while Daddy was taking his big test we made cards for him telling him we loved him and couldn't wait until he is done with school so we could spend more time with him. We headed out to the school to drop the hand made cards off in his mail box. I knew he'd probably not be there, he was going biking after his test, so we were going to make it a quick trip. It was tough hauling the kids in but it was so worth it to see how excited E was to just drop the letter in the box. I wish I brought my camera, it was like Christmas to E! I was almost in tears thinking how sweet it was that she loves her Daddy that much to get that excited about a letter for him, it was so sweet. J had no idea what we were doing but he loves to follow his big sister so he had fun too.

I'm feeling slightly guilty I'm going to be out of town when C takes his last test and is officially done but it's not my fault that my sister just had to get married on the day of C's final! Just kidding Kim I love ya! But seriously, it does kind of suck. But here is why I KNOW I have the best hubby in the world, he's okay with being with the kids by himself for a week. I'm sure he's not excited or even looking forward to it but he's okay with it. I was actually going to see if I could bring the kids with me and leave him here alone and he actually said he'd much rather me leave them here with him and not have to worry about me traveling by myself with two kids. He knows it would be hard on the kids and me to travel, where as him being alone with them at home, not traveling would be a lot easier on every one. What a great man right?! I can't wait to go home and be with my family but it'll be weird not to have my hubby and kids with me. Any way I just feel bad, I think I'll have to plan a good date for C and I when I get back to make up for it. Now we just need to plan our month together as a family, what to do what to do? I'm sure we could come up with a few things. Any way I'm so proud of you C you're almost there!


5 comments:

Katie L said...

cute stories!!! You leaving for Kim's wedding is payback for that bike trip-hahahaha! I'm sure he'll have a fun time with the kids, and you'll have a great time seeing your family!!

Unknown said...

Hmm I can think of a few things to do in June...Go CAMPING! YAYA! So you remember Jenalee Daines, now Fortnure, right? Well her husband got into dentle school there so she will be moving in Indianapolis sometime in June I think. I told her you were there and she wants to hang out because she doesn't know anyone in the midwest. I forgot to tell her about camping, but I think it would be fun if she and her hubby joined. Anyway, just thought I would tell you that.

Denisse said...

Kristin, I have the saddest news...my sister's graduation is on the 29th, so I will be in Utah until Saturday...I'm so sad...I was totally looking forward to seeing you...I forgot about it until this last weekend when my mom reminded me about it!!!:( Will you still be here on Saturday? I hope we can still see each other...:) Let me know...

Unknown said...

Where are those family pics you had taken??

Toby and Tammy said...

Your photos are AWESOME! I love them. What a beautiful family you have!!!