Monday, May 12, 2008

New phones with out the lame sales people!
We got new cell phones this weekend Yay!
Pet peeve #1: these phones do not last very long, 2 years come on?! I don't usually abuse my phone. I try hard to keep it away from the kids. They know they are never aloud to play with our phones, and I don't drop it all that often, so why then does it go ppffftt after two years? They just want our money.
Pet peeve #2: the sales people at the cell phone stores.
Not so cool that they tried to sell the same two phones that were FREE online, to me at the store for $130 plus tax, no thanks! I think they watch a mother come in the store and think "jack pot" well little did they know I am no stupid mother! I know they get commissions, I'm not that stupid. I refuse to pay lots of $$ for phones that don't even last two years! When I asked them what they could do for me if I resigned a 2 year and they give me that lame offer I walked right out the door, knowing I could find some thing better some where else, most likely online. And that is just what we did, we went online the next day. We ordered two phones that were nicer than the ones they offered me for just $9 a phone! Not too bad. The best part, free shipping and they came the next day! I'm so happy to have my new phone!
I don't know why I even bother with the stores and the sales people there when I can get better deals on line and no hassle from any one! I think these companies need to rethink their "Customer Service" it's just not working. I guess the reason I go in and give them a chance is because I hope to get just that, good, honest customer service but when I don't get it, I'm done, that's it never again! I guess working in Customer Service for years got me expecting a lot more out of companies but I don't feel that is a bad thing, I think they need to have that expectation by their customers it gives them some thing to strive for but all they care about are their commissions and nothing else. Well you aren't getting any thing from me sorry!
I'm so mean, but not to the people I just don't give in to their pushy sales tactics and walk out, but you understand why I do it right?
Well yay for new phones that work great!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

AMEN! We are needing to get new phones/contracts really soon...dreading it! I hope we can find a good deal. Who is your company?

Toby and Tammy said...

K-
No idea who is checking your blog from Switzerland! I also have the site meter and I've seen that they have checked my blog a few times. Can't think of anyone who is serving there--that was my first thought too. Oh well. Hope they enjoy what we write!

And, glad you got new phones without the hassle. I hate going into the phone place for the same reasons as you. I try to stay out of there if I can!

Unknown said...

They always give better deals online. I asked a sales rep in a store one time if they could match the online prices and they said they couldn't. So if your phone was $9 and you got a gray and black Samsung, we now have the same phone...except I paid $99 for mine because it was right when it came out :( and now they are trying to get rid of them.