Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I'm so frustrated right now and just need to vent.....
Why will my boy not sleep?!!! What is his problem?! I mean it's not like he doesn't need the rest, he does need it! He was up, who knows how many times last night. We did every thing to make sure he wasn't too hot, too cold, too hungry, too wet and yet he still kept waking up. Well after a night like that you'd think he'd sleep in at least past 8am, did he? NO, he was up at a quarter to, I was so mad! I feel so sleep deprived right now and I thought when he goes down for his nap I'll take a nap too while E watches a movie. So did he go down for a nap? NOPE! He slept for less than an hour, which is definitely not long enough for a good nap for him, especially after last night. I don't know what to do about this kid. I keep comparing him to E when she was his age, she would beg to take a nap and would sleep no less than two hours a day for her naps, some times much longer. WHY OH WHY CAN'T HE DO THAT!!! Most kids need to sleep two hours don't they? Well I think he should sleep much longer than 45 minutes and I'll tell you why, because he is such a grump if he gets only a short nap and it's not fun for any one when he's grumpy. Oh I'm so frustrated right now, I think I'm just going to take him to the Doctor to see if he's got an ear infection, what else could be bugging him this bad? Why won't he sleep?!!!
Okay I'm done venting it felt good.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SO tough! We have been having some of the same struggles!! The culprit: ear infection. Life has been SO much better with some medicine!

I hope you get some good sleep tonight. It's EXHAUSTING to be with kids all day and still not sleep!! Will be thinking of you!!! HUGS!

Katie L said...

OOOh, that's horrible! J sounds just like my boys. If they don't sleep well, they wake up extra early and don't take naps either. Why are kids this way??? It is soooooo annoying!!!! I completely understand your need for sleep!!!!!

Kara said...

I can tell that you are writing this so tired and frustrated, because I am in the same boat. Gabe tosses and turns at night lately and then wakes up before 6:00 a.m. I was telling Chris that it feels weird that since I became a parent 2 1/2 years ago, this is the first time that I truly feel so tired. It can only get better. Isn't it crazy how even little improvements make such a difference? Hopefully you can relax and take a nap on mothers day at least!

Kris said...

Thanks for your comments of comfort ladies. It was a frustrating day yesterday, it felt good to vent.
You're right Kara I was writing while I was so tired. I got a good nights sleep last night though, and it's a new day!