Monday, May 05, 2008

Beautiful Shine
I hate my kitchen floor. It is made of the cheapest material ever and it is the hardest to clean and keep clean BUT......
I think I have the cleanest, shiniest kitchen floor in the world! It only took a couple of hours, a few Mr. Clean magic scrubbers, a mop, some rags, lots of soap, and a few coats of quick shine to make it look this way and it'll only take a couple of days to get it right back to the way it used to be (sigh) oh well. I told C "come quick, look at how shiny and clean the floor is, you may not see it like this for a long time." and he came, he looked, he was impressed, yes! I love you Quick Shine, you make an ugly floor look amazing!The only thing on my floor this morning after breakfast...
a single froot loop! I've been locking my kids out of the kitchen, yelling at my hubby to take his shoes off before entering the kitchen and sweeping up crumbs every ten minutes in hopes of keeping it this way for more than one day, yeah right like that'll happen.

I normally don't do more than one post in a day for lack of time, but today I decided to any way. So don't forget to scroll down and read my other two posts.

7 comments:

Katie L said...

Funny!! I so wish floors would stay cleaner much longer! Sometimes it just doesn't feel like the payoff is good enough, after the long hours of work put into it. I love your shiny floor!

Rachel Holloway said...

SQUEAKY CLEAN! I don't know about yours, but ours stays clean for like, 4 minutes... :) Drives me crazy! Love your super-shiny clean floor!

Marc Gilchrist said...

Thanks for the info about the Ereksons-I do remember them. I will try to contact them through their blog but if I can't get an answer, I'll hit you up for more contact info.
Thanks and awesome floors by the way :)
Brooke

Trevor and Holly said...

Hey there, nice floor!! I thought I had emailed you my blog. I am a bit of a blog hopper and I just found yours a little while ago and have been meaning to leave a comment but am usually in a hury and just love to look and see your funny post and cute, cute kids!! You really have some beautiful kids!! Looks like you have a lot of fun!! How did you find mine? Well, I better run, it was good to hear from you!! Take care!! Holly

Kris said...

Katie, I totally know what you mean, It some times doesn't feel worth it to put all that energy in to it. I don't do this every time I clean the floor but you should have seen it before. It was covered in mud tracks food, scuffs. It was time!

Rachel,
Usually my floor won't stay clean for more than half a day but I've been pretty anal about it :) It just looks so nice and it hasn't looked this nice, well ever! But today I have relaxed a little and we'll see how fast it takes it to get gross again.

Brooke
I'm glad I could help. Let me know if you need another way to get a hold of them.

Holly
I was so excited to see you had a blog. I was just giving you a hard time about you not telling me you had a blog. I know you're busy. I found your blog through Lisa's and I found lisa's through Tammy Mullins, well tammy didn't have Lisa's blog on hers but Lisa commented on Tammy's so I followed her link and found yours. I'm so happy for you and your new little boy to come! Keep in touch!

Toby and Tammy said...

Love your floor! Mine looks like trash-we have the same cheap flooring and it never stays shiny for too long.

Denisse said...

oh man! That looks so dang good K! I have given up on our floor...it is white linoleum and it is ridiculous! I mop it superficially, it takes way too much energy to do a deep cleaning! Good job cleaning yours! I need some of your motivation to clean mine!!!:)