Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mothers Day
So I thought I'd put a little of what happened yesterday at the Harker Home. C got me flowers and some yummy Dove ice cream a small one so I didn't have to share if I didn't want to. I did share though, and only because I didn't want to say I ate the whole pint by myself :) It was delicious! E made a cute magnet at preschool for me and was so excited to give it to me in the morning. And the best part of my morning was I got to sleep in a little and when I came down stairs J shouted out for me (he said "da da" but I know he meant ma ma:) and was so excited to see me, I love that feeling of being needed. Church was same 'ol same 'ol. The Primary kids went up and sang their song, I thought E would have sang a little but she didn't oh well. She was a little disappointed that some bigger kids stood in front of her and she couldn't see me, that is why she didn't sing, or at least that was her excuse, oh well! She still looked very cute up there, of what I could see of her. We had fun with our sunbeams doing a Mothers Day craft. Then after church I got an even better treat, both kids took a nap after church and gave me some quiet time, that was nice. I got some reading done! The rest of the evening E was so cute she kept asking "is it still Mothers Day today?" and I would tell her yes and she would then proceed to find some thing to do for me, it was SO sweet! She would take a paper bag and find "gifts" all over the house to put in the bag and then say "here, it's a surprise for you!" She did this several times. I got chalk, room spray, candle wax, and pretzels, what a sweet girl :) she and J would hug and kiss me all day and they were both so good, no fighting, no whining just good little angels. All in all it was a fun Mothers Day! I couldn't ask for better children or a better husband, I truly am blessed. I know Mothers Day is about the Moms but I think some times we forget that we are nothing with out the support of our wonderful husbands, or at least that is the way I feel. I can't wait for my turn to spoil him on Fathers Day!

3 comments:

Katie L said...

Yay, what a nice Mother's day for you, da da!! I love when Calvin decided to bring me presents from around our home too. -They are just so sweet and silly with the presents they give. I can't believe your kids had naps! That would be the best mother's day gift of all for me!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

What an awesome mother's day!! I too am SO excited to spoil Brandon for FD....hmmmm...the ideas a brewing!! It'll be great!

lynsey said...

that's a great point about where we would be without the support of our kids & husbands. glad you had a good day, you deserve it!